WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your internet enabled devices e.g. your computer, smartphone or tablet - like a memory for a web page.
This means we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the internet domain and IP address from where you access the Website;
- the type of browser software and operating system used to access the Website and type of device;
- the date and time you access the Website;
- if you linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website; and
- the pages or links you enter, visit and exit the Website from.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website, and include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website. They include features, for example, Social Media plug-in;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around and use the Website. This helps us to improve the way the Website work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are also used to help us understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences, for example, your choice of language or region, browsing font size etc.;
- Location-based cookies. These cookies are used when you are in Hong Kong, to suggest nearby places of interest, give point-to-point navigation to identify your location and send location-based push notifications to you;
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and any material displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose; and
- Advertising cookies. These cookies will remember your preferences, and in general, that you used the Website, to tailor advertising to you and your interests. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertisements.
Please note that some cookies on the Website and other parts of the Website are managed by third parties, including, for example, advertising networks, features such as videos, maps and social media API, and providers of external websites like web traffic analysis services. These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies. You should refer to the third parties' own cookie and privacy policies for information about how they may use your information.
The third party cookies we use in the Website, include but are not limited to:
- Google - our Website has embedded Google services/tools, such as 'Google Maps' and 'Google Analytics' for better user experience and analytics purposes. For details of Google cookies usage, please click here. (https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies)
- Google DoubleClick - our Website has embedded Google DoubleClick for analytics and advertising purpose. For details of Google DoubleClick cookies usage, please click here. (https://support.google.com/dcm/partner/answer/2839090?hl=en®_topic=4387660)
- Google Analytics - our Website has embedded Google Analytics services to obtain overall view of visitor habits and visitor volumes. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by a Google server in the United States. Google uses this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing website operators with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. To prevent the storage of data relating to your use of the website and created via the cookie (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser, please click here. (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en)
- Facebook - our Website has embedded Facebook API for social media sharing and advertising purpose. For details of Facebook cookies usage, please click here. (https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/)
- Instagram - our Website has embedded Instagram API for social media sharing and advertising purpose. For details of Instagram cookies usage, please click here. (https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig)
MANAGING COOKIES SETTINGS
You can block cookies by activating the setting within your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please be aware if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
For more information about other commonly used browsers, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/